Saturday, February 23, 2013

Stitches West Delivers!

I had an amazing time today at Stitches West. I was there for about two and a half hours and walked the whole show floor. I kept myself to a modest budget and got a LOT of stuff for very little.

I walked away with new hand carders, two new spindles, a bunch of dyed locks in various colors, huge amounts of shetland, merino, blended wools and more. I got home and started carding a batt and dying a new skein of sock yarn a beautiful purple.

Talk about a super fun day!

Take a look at the haul from the day.

And here's the first art batt in my Goddess series.



Now to get the yarn out of the dye vat. I tried lac and logwood grey. I think it's going to be a fabulous deep purple. We'll see once it dries!

If it wasn't for my wonderful husband I wouldn't have been able to go today and have such a fun day working on fibers. Thanks baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment