Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Fingerless Mitts

I tried a really nice openwork crochet pattern for fingerless mittens, also known as fingerless gloves or wrist warmers.

The yarn is really lovely 100% merino, dyed in these beautiful purples and greens. As you can see, I'm clearly NOT a hand model.

But these worked up quickly and I have another yarn from the same company in blues and greens which I think would be lovely for these as well. They'll be great this spring when the weather is warmer but you still want a fun accessory and a little coziness on your hands.

The variegated yarn and the stitch style makes me think of flowers.

Okay off to find a hand model. I need to upgrade my photo process and get much better work in the shop.


4 comments:

  1. those look like mardi gras colors!! so perfectly beautiful, i love how you crocheted them kind of lacey, makes them a bit dressy and festive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dru! But I'm really going to need a better hand model ;)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! They are lovely, almost "Steampunky"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yeah I kinda like the Steampunk style :) I just started following your blog. My dream is to own a small farm. Someday hopefully!

      Delete