Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Spinning with Spinners

Tonight I'm going to a brand new spinning group at a local yarn shop. This is the first meeting of the group and I'm very excited to join them. You would think that in a place like the San Francisco Bay Area there would be lots of guilds like this but sadly, I've yet to find them.

There seem to be plenty of knitters and crocheters and yarn lovers but this is the first I've really heard about spinners. There is some spinning community happening over in Oakland but if you live where I live, that's a long way to go.

So I'm bringing a lovely braid of Corriedale with me to spin tonight.

I'm really excited to see how this spins. The merino was a DREAM to spin the last few days and I'm really happy with the dye colors and how they came out plyed together.


So now I'm off to crochet some wrist warmers to add to the shop. They'll be light weight so they can be worn in spring.

Happy Spinning Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment