Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Day of Spring Colors

Today was a day of beautiful spring colors. This morning I got up and took some photos of my bulb garden because the light was just right. In the fall I removed grass from a nice 2x8 strip in front of the brick planter in my front yard. I double dug the soil and then added compost and then placed bulbs according to height (tallest in the back, shortest in the front) and covered with about four inches of new soil. Then I prayed the squirrels wouldn't run off with all my bulbs over the long fall and winter months.

Only one bulb suffered destruction and a few weeks ago my tulips started to bloom.


I've also got iris and crocus coming up. I'm so happy to see all these lovely flowers every day and I look forward to the continuing evolution of the planting as the spring arrives. I hope I can get just as pretty a display next year.


Then the post arrived this afternoon with a very special package. I ordered two BEAUTIFUL art batts from my very talented fiber artist guru and dear, dear friend Drucilla at Petit Bones.

This is the first one I'm spinning.

And I'm spinning it on this AMAZING gift from Dru.
Her husband hand turns these lovely spindles. I had a blast using my new toy today spinning the first part of this gorgeous art batt. I can't wait to see how the final yarn turns out. It's going to be tough to part with! I might have to keep this yarn for myself and a new project.

Thank you Dru!

No comments:

Post a Comment