Friday, February 15, 2013

It's a Work in Progress

Tonight I went to a great local consignment shop for a free knitting 101 class.

I had so much fun. The women were so nice and it was just great and easy conversation. Each woman brought something interesting to the table and all had cool experiences to share.

Some of us know how to crochet and learning to cast on and knit took a lot of practice and repetition to feel comfortable. I purchased a nice set of bamboo number 8 knitting needles to start and of course my cast on stitches are too tight. It took me a LONG time to get my crochet stitches the right tension. So the instructor suggested I use two needles as one to cast on and it worked beautifully.

There are two more classes where we'll learn to purl and how to increase and decrease and read a pattern.

Two and a half hours there just FLEW by. I'm looking forward to our next class together. For me, knitting, crochet, dyeing fibers and yarn, spinning, it's all a work in progress. I love that I'm constantly learning something new. I love that I'm constantly experimenting and not freaking out about the results if they are not what I intended.

I'm already thinking ahead to the next projects and I'm excited about the prospects.

No comments:

Post a Comment