Friday, March 8, 2013

Organization Time

I was just over at On the Round reading about how she really needed to clean up her studio and it struck me for the second time today that I NEED a studio. Seriously folks I have stuff in the living room, stuff in the kitchen, stuff in the garage and stuff in my bedroom. It's not working for me.

I have a table set up in the garage with my ball winder clamped to it and all my fiber supplies, dyes, oils, etc for my products but I also have a knitting bag in the living room with yarn where I sit and work on crochet and knitting projects. Then there's the bookshelf in my bedroom where I keep my stock and paperwork binders and then the kitchen has a cupboard with all my bath and body products in it.

I'd like to get everything in one place and I'm thinking the garage makes the most sense. I have to craft my bath and body stuff in the kitchen and I have to dye outside, and the garage gives me easy access to both. But I have no storage options out there. I'm hoping I can find some inexpensive shelving to set something up and I DEFINITELY need a light source out there.

It's hard to run a business when you are scattered and unorganized. This weekend I'm hoping to remedy that to some extent.

I put some new items in the shop today, drawer sachets, tub tea sachets and these adorable little tooth fairy pouches. All these items I'll make to order.

Coming soon, more dyed fibers, more art yarns, and some fun crochet pieces, including a gorgeous lariat style necklace.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. you definitely need a studio and i'm so glad you are getting one set up! it makes sense to have close proximity to the kitchen, i've never had that! i love hearing how things are progressing for you!! post pics when you get it set up!

    ReplyDelete