Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Fiber Arts Frenzy

I'm just finishing up a beautiful openwork crochet shawl and I have designs on three other projects. I'll be making a great crochet headband in variegated yarns, an adorable little tooth fairy pouch in white with some embellishments, and testing out a new clutch design.

I just became the proud owner of some beautiful fingering weight yarns, variegated in blues and spring colors. I can't wait to try them out.

Are you in the SF Bay area and interested in learning to knit or to spin? Join us at Amelia's Antics in Millbrae beginning in April. Keep tabs on Amelia's web site to see when the first class will meet. Karen, the owner, is so wonderful at creating great community events and we are thrilled she is hosting us as we learn to knit and spin together. I'm one of the teachers at the meetups and I'm sure that as our group grows we'll be adding other fun skills to the lineup.

Finally, since today is about needle arts, I'm very interested in learning amigurumi. Do you know about this adorable needle art?  Amigurumi is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting tiny animals or anthropomorphic creatures. Check out Etsy among other places for some great examples. Sometimes they are cute, sometimes they are creepy and sometimes they are just plain weird. But I'm very interested in learning. Do you knit or crochet? Have you done some amigurumi projects? Post a comment and let me know. I'd love to learn from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment